Your personal data is processed by Renault SAS and used for the good management and proper functioning of the Forum EASY CONNECT.
The service in charge of the deployment of the Forum EASY CONNECT is Sales & Marketing Department.
You have the right to request access to your information. You may also have your information corrected or erased. You may object to processing of your information at any time, without any ground when objecting to direct marketing and based on grounds relating to your situation for other cases, and to restrict processing of your information. You may ask for receiving a copy of your information in a structured and standard format.
To exercise any of these rights, you may contact us, providing a proof of your identity, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by post at Legal Department– Délégué à la protection des données (DPO), 13/15 quai le Gallo 92100 Boulogne-Billancourt.
If you have any query regarding the Forum EASY CONNECT functioning, please contact us at [e-mail].
You will find below detailed information about how we use your personal information in relation with the Forum EASY CONNECT.
- Who is the data controller of your personal data?
Your personal data is processed by Renault SAS. The service in charge of the deployment of the Forum EASY CONNECT is Sales & Marketing Department.
Renault SAS is located in France, 13/15 quai le Gallo 92100 Boulogne-Billancourt. Contact details of its data protection officer (DPO) are the following: Renault SAS, Legal Department – Délégué à la protection des données (DPO), 13/15 quai le Gallo 92100 Boulogne-Billancourt and email@example.com.
- What is the Forum EASY CONNECT?
The FORUM Renault EASY CONNECT is a digital community platform provided by Renault SAS to our clients and other Internet users in order to solve some issues, troubleshoot problems or find the best answer to questions they might have using Renault multimedia system installed on their vehicle.
All users of the platform can post or answer questions and interact with other users on the FORUM in order to get the most out of their connected car.
- How do we use your personal data?
Through the Forum EASY CONNECT, we collect your personal data when using this Forum for the following purposes:
|Allow you to create an account on the Forum EASY CONNECT.||It is necessary for our legitimate interest (improve our services and customer relationship).|
|Manage your requests, questions and answers on the Forum EASY CONNECT.|
|Manage our customer service.|
|Manage any query or claim you may have.|
|For internal reporting purposes.||It is necessary for our legitimate interest (measure the performance of our activity and improve the Forum EASY CONNECT).|
More generally speaking, we undertake to collect only the personal data that is necessary for each purpose for which we process your data.
Therefore, the mandatory information we require when creating your account or we ask you to complete is indicated with an asterisk (*). These information is mandatory because it is needed for entering into a contract or process your queries or requests, or also for complying with any legal or regulatory obligations. If you do not wish to provide the mandatory information, we will not be able to process your access to the Forum EASY CONNECT.
- How long do we retain your personal information?
We undertake to keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we process them, in accordance with the regulations.
In order to calculate the retention period of your personal data, we use notably the following criteria:
- The duration for which your Forum’s user account is opened;
- The time required to proceed to any request or claim;
- Our legal or regulatory obligations.
We may have to keep some of your personal data for a longer duration, in an archive file, in order for us to be able to defend in a legal action, until the end of the statute of limitation provided by applicable law.
- Who can access your personal data?
Your data is processed only by the department in charge of the deployment and its authorized subcontractors, in order to process all or part of your personal data, to the extent necessary for the accomplishment of the tasks entrusted to them (for example, for the hosting our website, for the provision of services related to the operation or maintenance of the website).
Finally, we may have to share your personal data with Third Authorized parties as necessary to comply with a legal obligation or administrative or judiciary decision.
- Where’s your data stored?
We store your information on servers located within the European Union.
In case of personal data, we pay special attention to make such transfers compliant with application regulation and put in place equivalent safeguards with respect to the protection of personal data, fundamental rights and freedoms as the ones offered by European Union (notably by using Standard Contractual Clauses of the European Commission).
- Your rights
You have the following rights in respect of the processing of your personal data:
- To request access to your information, in other words to receive a copy of them,
- To have your information corrected, if it is inaccurate or not up-to-date,
- To have your information erased (also known as right to be forgotten), although such right might be limited in view of our contractual or legal obligations,
- To receive a copy of your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and transmit it to another data controller (also known as right to data portability),
- To object to processing of your information, on grounds relating to your situation, and to restrict processing of your information, in the cases provided by the regulation,
- To object to marketing information (notably when profiling is used), said right could be notably exercise by using the unsubscribe link in the email we send you,
- To withdraw your consent at any time, for the purposes for which we collected your consent.
To exercise any of these rights, you may contact us, providing a proof of your identity:
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- By post : Renault SAS, Legal Department – Délégué à la protection des données (DPO), 13/15 quai le Gallo 92100 Boulogne-Billancourt.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint to your local Data Protection Authority about the processing of your personal data. We encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issue or concern you may have.
- Link to other information
We may automatically collect technical information about you when you visit any of our websites or use our mobile apps, including your IP address, your browser settings, using trackers (cookies).
For more information on this, please read our cookies policy available at [hyperlink to the cookies policy].
- Modification of this document
We may modify from time to time this information document. When required or needed, we will inform your and / or request your consent. We therefore invite you to have a look at it at every visit to get the up-to-date version.
Version 1, updated on August 30th, 2018.